Upbit Trading Caution Designation
On October 16, Upbit placed Hive Dollar under a trading caution designation, suspending deposit and withdrawal services (TokenPost, TradingView). This action flags potential delisting risk, causing panic buying and selling in a thin market, evidenced by a 1,677,132% surge in 24h volume.

What it means:
This is a classic low-liquidity exchange action squeeze, not a fundamental revaluation. HBD, designed as a $1-pegged stablecoin, is trading far from its intrinsic value due to forced portfolio adjustments and trapped liquidity on Upbit.
Watch for:
The outcome of Upbit's review period. Any announcement regarding the resolution of the caution or a final delisting decision will be the next major price catalyst.
The provided data shows no other coin-specific catalysts, ecosystem developments, or sector-wide movements that explain HBD's surge. Bitcoin was down 0.93%, and the total stablecoin market cap was flat, indicating HBD's move was an isolated event.
What it means:
The price action is almost entirely attributable to the exchange-driven liquidity event, not broader crypto market forces.
The immediate trigger is Upbit's ongoing review. HBD's price is in uncharted territory relative to its peg. The base case is heightened volatility between $2.50 and $3.00 until clarity emerges. If the caution is lifted and services resume, a sharp retracement toward $1 is probable. The risk case is a confirmed delisting, which could cause a disorderly drop as holders exit.
What it means: The trend is purely event-driven and unsustainable at current levels over the medium term.
Watch for:
A sustained drop in volume, which may signal the panic phase is ending, and any official communication from Upbit regarding HBD's status.
Conclusion
Market Outlook: Event-Driven Volatility HBD's parabolic move is a textbook example of an exchange policy shock overwhelming a token's thin market structure. The extreme deviation from its $1 peg is unsustainable.
Key watch: Monitor Upbit's official channels for updates on the trading caution status, as this will dictate whether HBD crashes back to its peg or enters a new phase of uncertainty.
Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hive-dollar/
Upbit : https://www.upbit.com/home
Doesn't shock me. Such low liquidity. I mean it's not even being printed now other than savings APR right now. It's a struggle for sure.
This can't be good.
Good summary. One data point from the chain side: the HIVE/HBD market still implies roughly $0.96 per HBD (17 Oct), so the $3 to $4 looks like an Upbit-only premium with deposits and withdrawals suspended, not a repricing. I run a LASSECASH:HBD pool on MAGI and see no change on chain.
— Lasse
Yeah. I’m sure it will drop back to $1 on Upbit and then zero when it is Officially delisted
Posted via HiveSuite